NMX (New Musickal Excess) nos. 7, 13, 16, 17 & 20 (1979-1980) 5 issues
NMX’s title was a parody on the New Musical Express (NME)
Martin X Russian (MXR; Ed.) - NMX (New Musickal Excess) nos. 7, 13, 16, 17 & 20.
Magazine 1st Edition 1st Printing. Publisher: NMX, Sheffield. Size: 29.8 x 21.0 cm. Language: English.
The 5 issues:
1. NMX no. 7. Content: Cabaret Voltaire; Clock DVA; Graph; Short Circuit; Carsboard Criminals; Jackson; Sheffield Family Tree; Negatives; Stunt; Kites; The Men Single; The Specials in Chesterfield. Overall condition: Very Good. Year: 1979. Pages: 28. Seller inventory: #24215.
2. NMX no. 13. Content: De Tian; Comsat Angels; Metrophase; TVP; An Alien Heat; Siren; The Closet Psychotics; The Corridor; Live reviews: TG / Mc/ DVA, Vendino Pact, Musical Janeens; Figures Nowsoc; V Troop, Cabaret Voltaire and more. Overall condition: Very Good. Year: 1980. Pages: 32. Seller inventory: #24216.
3. NMX no. 16. Content: UK punk magazine. The Human League interview; The Instant Automatons; Frenchie; Toyah; Jayne County; Logical Steps; Ad at the back cover for concerts by Repulsive Alien, New Model Soldier, Artery, Mrs. Beech, IVI, Razzam, Ritblat, Flying Alphonso Brothers, The Corrisor, Kid Gloves, The Scarborough Antelope's. Overall condition: Very Good. Year: 1980. Pages: 24. Seller inventory: #24219.
4. NMX no. 17. Content: I'm So Hollow; Fatales; Brian Brain; Concert review of Echo and the Bunnymen, U2, Delta 5, Au Pairs and the Books at the Lyceum; Underwater Moonlight, Soft Boys and The Last Words concert reviews; Gig review Misty and Leadmill. Overall condition: Very Good. Year: 1980. Pages: 20. Seller inventory: #24217.
5. NMX no. 20. Content: The Danse Society; Injectors; Killing Joke; DVA split again; Comsat angels; Artery; An Ordered Life. Overall condition: Very Good. Year: 1980. Pages: 20. Seller inventory: #24218.
NMX’s title was a parody on the New Musical Express (NME). NMX was a punk & new wave fanzine from Sheffield (UK), created by Martin X Russian (of They Must Be Russians). The fanzine was titled NME (for New Musickal Excess) for the first 5 issues and then changed to NMX. At least 25 issues were published. It covers all bands from Sheffield's independent scene of the late '70s and early '80s.
Ref: Vincent Bernière & Mariel Primois (2012) Punk Press. Rebel Rock in the underground press 1968-1980 (Abrams, New York) pp. 227.